Collaborative Works with Various International Institutions
The Department of Geology is actively involved in conducting various collaborative workscovering several aspects of geology. The following projects are currently running:
- "Japan-Nepal Student Himalayan Exercise Tour ". Japanese and Nepalese students jointly conduct geological field excursion along the KaligandakiRiver Valley, Nepal in collaboration with Gondwana Institute for Geology and Environment, Hashimoto, Japan. Since 2012. The program is conducted during the month of March each year.
- "U.S.-Nepal Collaborative Research to Assess and Mitigate Pollution in the Densely Populated Kathmandu Valley" funded by the U.S. National Science Foundation in collaboration with the Department of Earth Science, University of Northern Iowa Cedar Falls, Iowa 50614-0335, USA. Since 2014.
- "Seismic monitoring of Rasuwa-Hetauda section deploying 35 seismometers in the aftermath of 2015-Gorkha earthquake" in collaboration with the Nepal Academy of Science and Technology (NAST), and Earthquake Research Institute (ERI), University of Tokyo, Japan, 2015.
- "Studying earthquake activity by installing 14 permanent GPS stations in Nepal" in collaboration with the Nepal Academy of Science and Technology (NAST), 2014.
- "GPS monitoring for earthquake hazard studies in eight stations of Nepal" in collaboration with the Nepal Academy of Science and Technology (NAST), under the management of International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP), Italy and University of Montana, USA, 2015.
- "Studies to improve landslide hazard assessment in Nepal using landslides triggered by the Gorkha Earthquake-2015" in collaboration with the Geological Institute, Department of Earth sciences, Zurich, 2015.
- "GPS measurement to characterize earthquake hazards in Nepal" in collaboration with the Institute of Earth sciences (Isterre), University of Savoie Mont Blanc, Chambéry, France, 2015.
- "Collaborative Excursion on Geoscience in the Himalaya for US and Nepalese Students", in collaboration with SIT Study Abroad, USA, since 2014.